Congratulations on your wedding! We created a Wedding Planning Checklist to help make your planning a lot less stressful.
10-12 months before:
- Select your wedding date.
- Decide on your wedding budget.
- Start a wedding planning folder.
- Book your ceremony venue.
- Book your reception venue.
- Hire a wedding planner if you feel you need one.
- Decide on the number of guests.
- Begin planning your guest list.
- Hire your Officiant
- Research photographers, caterers, florists, bakeries and musicians/DJs.
- Choose a color scheme.
6-8 months before:
- Hire a photographer.
- Hire a videographer.
- Hire a florist and decorator.
- Choose and purchase a wedding dress and accessories.
- Select bridesmaids’ and groomsmen’s clothing.
- Complete guest list.
- Book music and reception entertainment.
- Start a bridal registry.
- Set up a wedding website.
- Meet with caterers and plan menu.
- Start honeymoon plans.
- Mail save-the-date cards.
4-6 months before:
- Order tuxedos.
- Book your hair salon and makeup appointment and also arrange practice run.
- Purchase invitations and matching thank you cards.
- Finalize honeymoon plans, book tickets, etc.
- Meet with Officiant.
- Reserve venue rentals (linens, decorations and centerpieces)
- Choose and book a florist.
- Hire wedding day transportation.
- Order wedding cake.
- Purchase toasting flutes, unity candle set, flower girl basket, ring bearer pillow.
- Make appointments for dress fittings.
- Choose music.
- Order wedding favors or candy buffet
- Book venues for rehearsal and dinner.
2-4 months before:
- Finalize timeline and order of ceremony.
- Finalize ceremony readings.
- Arrange reception toasts.
- Purchase rings.
- Finalize schedule with all vendors.
- Address invitations.
- Purchase attendants’ gifts.
- Arrange engagement announcement in local papers.
- Notify participants of rehearsal date and time.
2 months before:
- Obtain marriage license.
- Mail invitations.
- Confirm honeymoon arrangements.
- Arrange final wedding dress fitting.
- Begin list to record gifts received.
- Finalize seating chart.
- Prepare wedding program.
- Meet with photographer to discuss details.
- Review band or DJ playlist.
1 month before:
- Review RSVPs and finalize attendees.
- Stock reception bar.
- Confirm times with hair salon and all vendors.
- Write and learn vows.
- Pick up wedding dress.
1-2 weeks before:
- Pack for honeymoon.
- Break-in wedding shoes (bride and groom).
- Send final head count to caterers.
- Write rehearsal dinner toasts.
- Place checks in envelopes for fees due on wedding day.
- Arrange final consultations with vendors.
Your wedding day is finally here!
Congratulations and Best Wishes from Ceremonious Weddings!